This work involved the following:
- Initial ‘Health-check’ including consistency with the NPPF and PPS10.
- Compliance support - Advised on legal compliance matters such as Duty to Cooperate & Sustainability Strategies.
- Project Management - Prepared a detailed project plan and subsequent task-list, advising client Project Manager to ensure deadlines were met.
- Sustainability Appraisal - Support on the SA produced using in-house resources.
- Waste Data - Critical review of the previous consultant’s capacity assessment and data reports, developed alternative approach, which resulted in identified 'need' being substantially reduced.
- Site assessment - Critical review of site selection process and production of independent audit trail of process. Generated site particulars for each site identified for allocation included as part of the Plan. Developed cases for defence of site selection in face of representations and presented these at the hearing.
- Liaison with key stakeholders including the GLA, Environment Agency, waste operators and other Waste Planning Authorities.
The Plan was found sound and successfully adopted in July 2015.