Planning Advisory Service – Waste Planning Workshops
1. Waste management as a strategic issue
Overview of DtC purpose – what is required? What is meaningful engagement etc.?
(With reference to other PAS guidance & Policy context - NPPF, NPPW)
What is it about waste management that makes it strategic?
Is there anything particularly 'special' about waste?
2. Identifying strategic impacts and partners
- Receiving authorities: Capturing all current flows; Contextualising current data with historical; Predicting future flows
- Exporting authorities - clarifying intentions
- Engaging District & Borough Councils in the Waste Plan process
- Engaging with other entities e.g. Environment Agency, Natural England, LEPs etc.
- The role of Strategic bodies e.g. former RTABs & Memoranda of Understanding
3. Determining what is significant
- Use of thresholds and defining them
4. View of Inspectors
5. Managing the Paper Chase
- Targeting contact; template letters; tracking responses & maintaining a DtC record. Producing a DtC statement.