Critical Friend, Training & Facilitation
Whether you are a planning authority looking for a second opinion on a waste management needs assessment, or an authority with a gap in your evidence base, BPP Consulting can help. We are practised at providing rapid response assistance to help clients meet imminent deadlines. Examples include:
- A waste planning authority that prepared an in-house Waste Needs Assessment document lost its lead specialist, and needed a second opinion of how much more work might be needed
- A waste planning authority identified a possible gap in its evidence base for a carbon footprint assessment of its preferred strategy.
- A waste planning authority faced objections from its Districts to inclusion of a waste prevention policy that was perceived to place an undue burden.
We are experienced trainers and offer custom training packages. Areas we cover include the following:
- Introduction to waste management and minerals planning;
- Local plan making;
- Waste capacity needs forecasting
- The Duty to Cooperate;
- Public Examinations.
We have provided training on behalf of the Planning Advisory Service and the Planning Officers’ Society.
We have great belief in the potential of others and are well practised in applying coaching/mentoring skills to ensure individuals are motivated and able to realise their own skills and abilities.